Would you enjoy being a key part of our thriving and busy school? We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and committed After School Club Supervisor/Leader to join our hard working and supportive team, to start in September 2017. This is a new post, and a new venture for the school. You would be part of shaping the future of our wrap around provision.
The post is for 11 hours per week, Monday to Friday 3pm - 5.10pm. This is a fixed term post until July 2018 with the option to become permanent should the club be a success (we're sure it will be, demand is high for this facility in our school)! It is paid on the H3 grade, term time only.
The successful candidate will have high expectations, a creative approach and a sense of humour! You will need to enjoy working with children and be committed to helping children develop as independent and confident individuals. We a are a First School, with children aged 3-9, though our club will be open to those in Reception and older since we do not currently have Nursery provision in the afternoon.
This post will need an NVQ L3 qualification in childcare or equivalent (see DfE list for those we are looking for) OR someone who is working towards achieving this qualification. You will also need to have a GCSE or equivalent (NVQ L2) in English and Maths and a high standard of written and spoken English.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is a committed practitioner with high expectations of our children and of themselves
- Is passionate about providing high quality experiences and has the ability and dedication to become an outstanding member of our team
- Is hardworking, a team player and has a sense of humour
- Is able to work on their own initiative and manage and organise their time effectively
- Can work as part of a team
- Can confidently communicate with parents, carers and class teachers to keep them informed of a child's/pupil's progress
In return we offer the successful candidate:
- A positive and caring working environment
- A friendly, dedicated, and supportive staff team
- Well behaved, engaged children and supportive families
- A well-resourced working environment
- Investment in CPD
We are a thriving, happy, Church of England first school (children aged 3-9) with wonderful children and supportive parents. You would be joining a vibrant and dedicated team of staff who work their socks off, ‘go the extra mile’ but always have lots of fun!
If you think you have what we are looking for, we very much look forward to hearing from you. If you wish to know more about the post, please do not hesitate to ring the Mr Philip Asher, our Headteacher, for an informal chat. Visits to see our school in action are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please telephone the school office to make an appointment, or to have an application form posted to you.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm Monday 17th July