At Hormead CE(VA) First & Nursery School we are committed to ensuring that children learn how to use computers, ICT and modern technology safely. We encourage responsible use of ICT so that children:
- Are able to use ICT safely to support their learning in school
- Know how to use a range of ICT equipment safely
- Are able to use ICT and modern technologies outside school in a safe manner, including using ICT as a tool for communication
- Are prepared for the constant changes in the world of technologies in a safe manner
- Know what to do if they feel unsafe when it comes to using technology and ICT.
At home, sometimes children can be given unsupervised access to the Internet. As a result, it is essential that we all know how to stay safe online. Here are links to useful website where you and your children can learn more about being safe on the internet:
- Think U Know - Parents
- Know IT All - Parents
- Childnet - Parents
- Speak Out Stay Safe (scroll to the bottom for course content)
Advice for Parents and Carers
- Explore e-safety sites - there are lots of links to useful e-safety sites for children. They are great fun to explore, so why not browse through them with your children?
- Facebook / Twitter / Instagram and other social media sites - many of these sites have a minimum age limit of 13, so our pupils should NOT be using them. Please see the attachments below for support and advice on social media.
- Keep your computer / tablet in a shared area - talk to your children about what they are doing online and, if possible, set up your computer in a shared area at home so that you can talk and share the wonderful sites that are available online.